Saturday, 1 September 2012

Stone Walls In The Landscape- Why Veneered Walls are Always Beautiful

With passage of time, the concept of “Landscaping” has grown from leaps to bounds. Landscaping has become a rage among people, especially concrete landscape designs. In fact, in my view it won’t be wrong to say that “concrete landscaping” is spreading like wildfire.

It was the time, I returned from that amazing work trip. And the first that I did was to enquire about concrete landscape designs. I was astonished to see the results of my research. I came across many luring designs and promising service providers. So, without any wait, I opted for a landscape design firm and they suggested me about veneered walls in place or ordinary stone wall in my garden’s landscape design. Oh man, I loved their idea! The most loveable thing about the veneered wall is their authentic, rustic look. Yes, they look so natural and a boundary of these walls is going to make me feel as if I am sitting in the lap of nature. In addition to it, they are durable and long-lasting as compared to the other materials such as timber or plastic. Maintenance is the major aspect that I am sure is a concern of many. But with stone wall in the landscape, you need not devote time in its cleaning and maintenance. One more thing, (it’s purely my thought, not the designers, mind you :P) these walls are great for shrubs and supporting climbing plants. As, shrubs needs pruning, for that matter, the timber needs to be changed frequently. But with stone walls in the landscape, especially beautiful veneered walls such issues are solved.


The idea of concrete landscape struck my mind when recently I was on a tour to San Diego in America. It was an official trip and being the PRO of the company I had to roam around in the city a lot. So, while I was strolling on the roads of San Diego and I saw these very beautiful concrete landscape designs. Starting from the hotel where I was staying to our office and other places I went, I got to see some of the most amazing sites of my lifetime.

Today, I own a beautiful garden embellished with veneered walls and I love it!

1 comment:

  1. I appreciate this page for giving such a great info about landscaping,. apparently I remember the blog of landscaping services Houston. Glad that I found both of this valuable blogs.

    ReplyDelete